The latest July 2011 update released today as on July 20 to Microsoft Advertising adCenter now makes it easier to manage your Yahoo! Search and Bing search ads and helps you bid for exactly the spot you want them to appear in paid search results. Changes were made across three main following categories:
- Better target with bid-by-position: Instead of just bidding for the mainline position, you will be able to bid based on any of positions you'd like to achieve:
- Best position--the top of the results
- Mainline--positions directly below the top ad
- First page--in the right-hand column
- Answer Bar (US only) is a set of help resources, in the form of a right rail bar, can guide you through tasks, orient you to a page, and provide you with useful tips. This feature is available in the Campaign and Tools tabs. This resource is currently available in the U.S. only. Watch the blog for additional roll-outs later on.
- Simplify with new budget options and management: There now will be just three budget options:
You'll be able to access this feature on the Campaigns tab in the adCenter user interface (UI), as well as in the API. once you select to Bid by Position, you'll also see the estimated Spend, Clicks and Impressions for that bidding strategy based on the last seven days of adCenter auction data.
- Daily Standard
- Daily Accelerated
- Monthly Accelerated.
The Daily Standard option, which will be the default budget choice, divides your budget evenly throughout the day. You will also be able to choose the Accelerated options, which allow either a daily or monthly budget to spend until depleted.
- Simpler Navigation to the Edit Payment Page. This navigation improvement will make it easier for you to update important billing account information.
- Easier Account and Credit Card Management. With this upgrade, you'll be able to have up to five accounts--an increase from the former limit of three accounts--associated with a single credit card, simplifying your account management. Also worth noting, Microsoft will now accept the Discover card.
- Keep Your Account Up-to-Date. To help ensure your ads are always delivering, adCenter will increase the number of email alerts sent to customers whose credit cards have expired or have been declined.
[Source: Microsoft Advertising]