jpa4azure, an ORM (Object Relational Mapper) binds java objects to Azure Tables, making it very easy for Java developers to leverage Windows Azure Storage from on-premise or cloud applications is now available for download.
Any intermediate Java developer can take an object model and with some simple annotations be on their way to using Azure as a persistence mechanism in minutes.
jpa4azure implements a subset of the JPA 2.0 specification for Java. It simplifies Azure Table persistence via simple Java objects as an interface to Azure Table data.
Here are some key features:
- Automatic table creation from entity model.
- Automated key generation strategy for UUID’s.
- Support for parent child relationships (absent from the raw Azure Table api).
- Support for storing enum fields (absent from raw Azure Table api).
- Support for storing embedded objects (absent from raw Azure Table api).
- Support for time based keys and before/after/within temporal queries (absent from raw Azure Table api).