Couple of days back, Apple's most advanced iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus, alongwith new camera systems, water & dust resistance, and the best battery life ever was launched worldwide.
Probably the most notable advancement is —the redesigned 12-megapixel wide angle camera, now includes optical image stabilization, larger ƒ/1.8 aperture and 6-element lens which shoot brighter and vibrant colors (via wide color capture), more detailed photos and videos day or night.
In addition iPhone 7 Plus adds a 12-megapixel telephoto camera that together offer optical zoom at two times and up to 10 times digital zoom for photos.
Furthermore, apple notes, a 12-megapixel dual camera coming later this year will offer more depth-of-field effect, with DSLR cameras technology that uses Machine Learning to separate background from the foreground for amazing portraits. "Users will be able to use both cameras to capture images."
Here're some more camera advancements:
- new Image Signal Processor, in as little as 25 milliseconds, processes over 100 billion operations on a single photo.
- new 7-megapixel FaceTime HD front camera comes with wide color capture, advanced pixel technology and auto image stabilization.
- new Quad-LED True Tone flash detects flickering in lights and compensates for it in videos and photos using an innovative sensor.
Additionally, iPhone 7 also come loaded with immersive stereo speakers, two all-new black finishes, reengineered enclosure for water resistance, Retina HD display.
The new iPhone is now powered by the most poweful A10 Fusion chip with four cores CPU. "seamlessly integrating two high-performance cores that run up to two times faster than iPhone 6, and two high-efficiency cores capable of running at just one-fifth the power of high-performance cores," apple explained.
- GPU performance is also more powerful now, running up to three times faster at as little as half the power previously it used to.
- Both phones support up to 25 LTE bands, and support data rate at up to 450 Mbps.
- Japan customers can now use credit and prepaid cards offered by FeliCa contactless tech.
- new iPhone comes with EarPods with Lightning connector, as well as a 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter.
- new wireless headphones AirPods, featuring Apple W1 chip harness the power of Siri.
- all-new responsive solid-state Home button now works in tandem with Taptic Engine, to provide precise and customizable tactile feedback.
Another notable inclusion is the iOS 10 mobile operating system that introduces a more expressive and animated ways to messaging friends and family.
For developers, iOS 10 opens up incredible opportunities with Siri, Maps, Phone and Messages APIs.
Other features in iOS 10 includes:
- Siri now interact and work more with apps
- even more places to use 3D Touch
- new redesigned Maps, Photos, Apple Music and News apps, and Home app, delivering a simple and secure way to manage home automation products in one place.
iPhone. iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available beginning Friday, September 16 in over 25 countries, apple wrote.
Apple Watch Series 2 featuring water resistance upto 50 meters, GPS, two-times-brighter display, dual-core processor & watchOS 3 was launched as well.
Apple's new watch introduces two new workout options: pool and open water. And, it can count laps, track average lap pace and auto-detect stroke type to accurately measure active calorie burn, noted cupertion company.
Additionally, it makes it even easier to access third-party apps, receive and respond to notifications and conveniently use Apple Pay —all in lightweight aluminum or stainless steel cases, paired with a wide variety of gorgeous new band colors.
The new watch uses Wi-Fi, GPS and locally stored satellite data, and records precise distance, pace and speed for outdoor workouts such as walking, running or cycling, without needing to take an iPhone.
Users can now begin an outdoor workout and on completion can view a route map in Activity app that shows variations in speed. Activity app counts all activities towards stand, move and exercise rings.
- System in Package (SiP) now with dual-core S2 chip making Apple Watch upto 50% faster.
- new GPU delivers up to two-times-greater graphics performance.
- new display at 1,000 nits, is more than two times brighter
new watch faces included such as minnie mouse, activity and numerals.
You can swap out a new watch face by swiping edge-to-edge.
with new Face Gallery, it's even easier to customize watch faces and discover third-party apps.
watchOS 3 significantly improved performance let you instantly launch favorite apps either from watch face or new Dock. The dock displays latest information already updated in the background.
- new Breathe app encourage users to do deep breathing exercises for relaxation and stress reduction.
- Activity app enable you to share, compare and compete, keeping friends and family motivated.
- wheelchair users now use customized experience to close Activity rings, in addition to dedicated workouts, apple noted.
Apple Watch Series 2 will be available in more than 25 countries beginning Friday, September 16.
In addition, Apple Watch Hermès collection now includes a new style — the Double Buckle Cuff in Swift and Epsom calfskin leathers.
"The new Single Tour Deployment Buckle band is a reimagined take on a classic form, pairing the elemental simplicity of Hermès Barenia calfskin leather with the modernity of an Hermès hidden deployment buckle, which opens with a click of two side buttons," apple stated. "The classic Double Tour and Single Tour styles continue for fall in refreshed colors including Anemone."
It include an exclusive Hermès Sport Band in signature orange. "The water resistant Sport Band is light and flexible for ultimate comfort and durability when working out, and is uniquely etched with 'Apple Watch Hermès'," apple wrote.
Finally, another watch launched comes from Apple and Nike called Apple Watch Nike+.
Apple Watch Nike+ built on Apple Watch Series 2 features, additionally paired with exclusive Nike Sport Bands, and includes exclusive Siri commands and iconic Nike style watch faces.
The watch also deeply integrates with new Nike+ Run Club app, and other useful apps like Activity Rings, Heart Rate, Stopwatch and Weather, helping runners stay informed at a glance.
Nike+ Run Club app can be easily accessed right from the watch face, so users can get going with a quick tap. It offers daily motivation through smart run reminders, challenges from friends and weather alerts.
Training data, including pace, distance and heart rate are also available at a glance, and through shared run summaries, "the app promotes friendly competition, even allowing users to send fist bumps to each other right from the wrist," apple explained.