iPhone 5, the all-new aluminum encasing, thinnest with stunning 4-Inch Retina Display, A6 Chip & Ultrafast Wireless launches.
The new iPhone 5 is the thinnest with an 7.6 mm anodized aluminum body, 20% lighter than iPhone 4S, and features a 4-inch Retina display, an Apple-designed A6 chip, an 8 megapixel iSight camera, FaceTime HD front facing camera, and run on iOS 6 out-of-the-box.
The new 8MP iSight camera features "a sapphire crystal lens cover that is thinner and more durable than standard glass with the ability to provide crystal clear images," Apple said.
"We've packed an amazing amount of innovation and advanced technology into a thin and light, jewel-like device with a stunning 4-inch Retina display, blazing fast A6 chip, ultrafast wireless, even longer battery life; and we think customers are going to love it," said Philip Schiller, Apple's svp of Worldwide Marketing.
iPhone 5 also supports ultrafast wireless standards including LTE and DC-HSDPA, and dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi support for a wireless experience up to 150 Mbps.
Here are other new features:
- "Panorama feature lets you capture jaw-dropping panorama images of up to 28 megapixels by simply moving the camera across a scene in one smooth motion.
- Video features include improved stabilization, video face detection for up to 10 faces and the ability to take still photos as you record.
- FaceTime HD front facing camera makes FaceTime calls incredibly clear and can also be used for self portraits and recording 720p HD video.
- iPhone 5 also allows you to share photos with friends and family using iCloud's Shared Photo Streams.
- iPhone 5 also features new "Lightning connector" that features an adaptive interface that uses only the signals that each accessory requires, and it's reversible so you can instantly connect to your accessories. "The Lightning-to-30-pin Adapter is also available to connect iPhone 5 to legacy 30-pin accessories."
- Enhanced audio features including a new beam-forming, directional microphone system for higher quality sound, while background noise fades away with new noise canceling technology.
- Support for cellular wideband audio for crisper word clarity and more natural sounding speech. "Wideband audio will be supported by over 20 carriers worldwide at launch."
- Apple EarPods featuring a breakthrough design for a more natural fit and increased durability, and an incredible acoustic quality typically reserved for higher-end earphones," Apple informed.
iOS 6 Which comes with over 200 new features, for instance "Flyover and turn-by-turn, FaceTime over cellular and Siri" ect. Now, the comapny has posted a comprehensive list of features that are not available in certain countries. Some of the iOS 6 features limited to specific countries include: Facebook, Twitter, local search integration in Siri, turn-by-turn and 3D buildings for Maps, and dictation. Check this link for the features available in your country.
iPhone 5 in white & silver or black & slate, will be avilable on Friday, September 21, in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the UK.
Customers can also pre-order their iPhone 5 beginning Friday, September 14.
iPhone 5 will roll out worldwide to 22 more countries on September 28,
The suggested US retail price is $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, and $399 for the 64GB model.
iPhone 5 pictures:
Jony Ive explains design process of the new EarPods, stating, "Apple engineers asked more than 600 people to test over 100 iterations of the Apple EarPods. Testers ran on treadmills in extreme heat and extreme cold. They performed various cardio workouts. They were even asked to shake their heads side to side, up and down. The result: Apple EarPods provide stronger protection from sweat and water, and theyre remarkably stable in the ear. Which means they stay in, even when you're on the go."