Apple today introduced iPad 2, an entirely new design that is 33% thinner and up to 15% lighter, with 9.7-inch LED-backlit LCD screen.
- iPad 2 features Apple's new dual-core A5 processor, a front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime and Photo Booth, and a rear-facing camera that captures 720p HD video. iPad 2 is available in black or white, features models that run on AT&T's and Verizon's 3G networks, and introduces the innovative iPad 2 Smart Cover in a range of vibrant polyurethane and rich leather colors.
- With new front and rear cameras, iPad 2 users can now make FaceTime calls to millions of iPhone 4, iPod touch and Mac users so they can see family and friends anywhere there is Wi-Fi. Photo Booth lets you apply fun visual effects, including eight photo special effects like Squeeze, Twirl and Kaleidoscope, to photos captured by either camera.
- iPad 2 comes with iOS 4.3, features including: faster Safari mobile browsing performance; iTunes Home Sharing; enhancements to AirPlay; choice to use iPad side switch to either lock the screen rotation or mute audio; and Personal Hotspot to share an iPhone 4 cellular data connection over Wi-Fi.
- Additional features include: a built-in gyro for advanced gaming; HSUPA support for enhanced 3G upload speeds on iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G on AT&T, and HDMI Video Mirroring that lets users mirror their iPad screen on an HDTV using an optional adaptor.
- iPad 2 Smart Cover provides protection to screen while maintaining its thin and lightweight profile. Designed with a unique self-aligning magnetic hinge that makes it easy to attach and remove, Smart Cover automatically wakes iPad 2 when it's opened and puts it to sleep when it's closed, and has a soft microfiber lining to help keep the screen clean. The Smart Cover also folds into a stand for typing or viewing videos and is available in vibrant polyurethane for $39 or rich leather for $69 in a range of colors, including a (PRODUCT) RED one which helps support the Global Fund to fight HIV/AIDS in Africa.
- Also introduced two new apps: iMovie and GarageBand for iPad, both available on the App Store for just $4.99 each. With iMovie, iPad 2 users can shoot and edit videos right on their iPad and post their movies to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and their MobileMe gallery; watch them on their iPod, iPhone or iPad; as well as view them on their HDTV using AirPlay and Apple TV.
- GarageBand turns your iPad into a collection of touch instruments and 8-track recording studio, allowing you to perform with onscreen keyboards, guitars, drums and basses using multi-touch gestures--even if you don't play a musical instrument.
Retail Price in USD:
- 16GB iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available on March 11 for $499
- $599 32GB
- $699 64GB
- 16GB iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G for $629
- $729 32GB
- $829 64GB
- 16GB iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G compatible with Verizon network will be available in the US for $629
- $729 32GB
- $829 64GB model.