iPad 2 was released yesterday, and today we have two separate tear-downs.
First it is from iFixit's:
iPad 1: lcd = 3.2 mm glass = .85 mm
iPad 2: lcd = 2.4 mm glass = .62 mm
The markings on the 1 GHz Apple A5 dual-core processor appear to be Samsung's, but Chipworks will investigate in the forthcoming days to find out for sure.
Other components that power the iPad 2:
- Toshiba TH58NVG7D2FLA89 16GB NAND Flash
- Broadcom BCM5973KFBGH Microcontroller
- Broadcom BCM5974 CKFBGH capacitative touchscreen controller
- Texas Instruments CD3240B0 11AZ4JT touchscreen line driver
- Broadcom BCM43291HKUBC Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/FM tuner combo chip
- S6T2MLC N33C50V Power Management IC
- ST Micro AGD8 2103 gyroscope
- ST Micro LIS331DLH accelerometer
- Broadcom BCM5974 CKFBGH
There's also an Apple-branded 338S0940 A0BZ1101 SGP chip. This looks like the Cirrus audio codec Chipworks found in the Verizon iPhone, but they'll have to get it off the board to make sure!