Iomega unveiledtheir next-gen "eGo Portable and Desktop Drives" includes:
- Iomega SuperSpeed USB 3.0 eGo Portable Hard Drive: 500GB hard drive USB 3.0 hard drive with file transfer rates claimed at 10 times speed of USB 2.0 drives. Iomega also launched an optional ExpressCard Adaptor for USB 2,0 laptops (£34.99) and PCI Adaptor for Desktops (also at £34.99). The drive retails at £89.90/$129.
- Iomega USB 2.0 Compact Edition eGo Portable Hard Drive is one of the smallest portable hard drives in the market and is available in Ruby Red, Midnight Blue and Silver enclosures with capacities of 320GB (£64.99/$94.99), 500GB (£84.99/$109.99) and 1TB (£139.90/$177.99) sizes.
- Iomega 1TB eGo BlackBelt Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive features FireWire 800 ports and one USB 2.0 port, and is bundled with a FireWire 800 to 400 cable for those users who only have FireWire 400 ports on their laptop or desktop computers. For added protection, drive also includes Iomega's Drop Guard Xtreme, with Iomega Power Grip band, which helps protect BlackBelt eGo drive from accidental drops of up to seven feet. The new drive is available this month at £124.99.
- Iomega USB 3.0 eGo Desktop Hard Drive is a USB 3.0 compatible, and backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports. Drive is available in 1TB and 2TB capacities for £139.90/$149.99 and £157.90/$219.99 respectively and is bundled with an Energy Star compliant adaptor requiring less power.
- Iomega Mac Edition eGo Desktop Hard Drive features two fast FireWire 800 ports, one USB 2.0 port, and three cables: a USB 2.0 cable, FireWire 800 cable and FireWire 400 to 800 conversion cable. The drive is HFS+ formatted and is available in 1TB (£124.99/$159.99) and 2TB (£214.99/$222.99) capacities.