Hyper-V Replica (HVR) is a new feature in Windows Server "8" Beta that provides asynchronous replication of Hyper-V virtual machines for BCDR (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery) scenarios.
To know more about HVR, see Understanding and Troubleshooting Guide (UTG), that enables you to learn technical concepts, functionality, and troubleshooting methods for Hyper-V Replica in Windows Server "8" Beta. This UTG provides:
- A technical overview and functional description of this feature
- Technical concepts to help you successfully install, configure, and manage this feature
- User Interface options and settings for configuration and management
- Relevant architecture of this feature, with dependencies, and technical implementation
- Primary troubleshooting tools and methods for this feature.
Also, Microsoft posted a TechNet document "Demonstrate Hyper-V Replica," that shows you how to demonstrate using Hyper-V Replica to move virtual machines from one physical server to another without interrupting their operations, a means of maintaining business continuity in virtualized environments called "planned failover." It will show you how to enable Hyper-V, configure the physical servers for Hyper-V Replica, start and monitor replication, perform a test failover, and perform an actual failover.
Resources: Downalod Understand and Troubleshoot Hyper-V Replica in Windows Server "8" Beta, and refer this Demonstrate Hyper-V Replica online TechNet document.
Also, at the Edge channel, Microsoft posted a video, where Adam Carter, show us the new Windows Server 8 Beta Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) / Remote Desktop Services and explained how this related to the Consumerization of IT.
More specifically, Carter cover the following:
- Demo adding Windows Server 8 VDI
- New wizard and when to use Standard deployment versus Quick Start
- VDI Client being deployed and connecting via RDP
- User Disks
- Differences between Pooled & Personal Virtual Desktops and Session virtualization. When would you want to use one versus the other?
- How does Windows Server 8 patch the virtual machines?
- How to upgrade users quickly to Windows 8?
- Remote Apps