Here are the steps to install SBS 2008 RC0:
- First install a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 on a machine with at least 4GB of RAM. The Small Business Server Premium version comes as a two server install and the first server requires 4GB of RAM. It will run with less though.
- Download the Windows Small Business 2008 RC0 DVD’s and copy them to a folder on this machine.
- Install all the updates from Windows Update. The RTM version of Hyper-V will be on there after july 8th. You can also download the RTM version of Hyper-V here: Update for Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition (KB950050).
- Add the Hyper-V Role using the Windows Server Manager. Once this is installed use the Hyper-V Manager and click “New” in the Actions pane on the right. Choose “Virtual Machine”.
- On the Wizard for a new Virtual Machine click on Next:
- Enter a name for the Virtual machine (Something with SBS 2008 Server 1)[…]