In this Part of series post [Part 1] we need to get a few pre-reqs all sorted. So Lets get IIS Set up. Unlike the Beta Code we only need a few elements for IIS7. Actually we just need to alter one thing!
So lets get started!
- Go to the server Manager, and add right click roles > add new role
- The New Role Wizard will start > Click Next
- In the select Server role add the “Web Server (IIS)”, and then click “Add the required Feature” when the pop up appears.
- In the Intro to IIS screen just click next to take us onto the IIS options.
- Now in the “Role Services” section of the wizard add the “IIS Management Scripts and Tools” also confirm that the “IIS Management Console” is added and then click next to review the options you have selected, and then select next again.
- Sit with a cuppa tea or Coffee whilst IIS adds it self to your Win2k8 platform and hit finish at the end!
- Thats IIS done and dusted. Now onto Configuring my CA for Certificates in my estate.