- IIS7 Powershell provider now supports SSL (installing and acquiring a certificate, creating an ssl site binding)
- Tech Preview 2 ships with 40 new cmdlets. All of these cmdlets are for day-to-day IIS tasks like creating web-sites, web-applications, enabled request tracing, adding a handler or a module.The complete list is at http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/492/using-the-task-based-cmdlets
- We fixed number of bugs and significantly improved performance of internal query engine.
The IIS7 PowerShell Provider offers
- Create Web-Sites, Web Applications, Virtual Directories and Application Pools
- Change Simple Configuration Properties on Web-Sites, Application Pools, Web Applications and Virtual Directories
- Add and Change Complex Configuration Settings
- Query Run-time Data (Web-Site State, Application Pool State, Currently Executing Requests)
- Execute Advanced Configuration Tasks, Scripting, Integration with other PowerShell Snap-Ins and features
- Search and Discover Configuration Settings
If you are looking for 'Tips and Tricks,' visit http://forums.iis.net/1151.aspx.