This FAQ is titled R2, as its an update of original FAQ for the Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V:
- Q: Is there a place that compares features and versions of Hyper-V?
- Q: What is the recommend configuration for performance testing?
- Q: How do I monitor performance?
- Q: Is there any “official” documentation for Hyper-V performance counters?
- Q: Are there any official virtualization benchmarks I can use to compare machines and virtualization solutions?
- Q: Is there any common terminology used to talk about virtual machine configurations?
- Q: How much memory should I reserve for the root?
- Q: Are there any services that should be stopped?
- Q: Is it ok run applications / processes in the root OS?
- Q: Is there a simple way to disable the hypervisor to run some baseline tests on the native system
- Q: Should I use passthrough disks or iSCSI attached to the guest for storage?
- Q: Are there ways to reduce overall networking overhead?
- Q: Are there additional knobs for performance nuts?
- Q: Are their additional resources that are useful for understanding Hyper-V?