Cory discusses “cloneing a Virtual Machine for Hyper-V in Windows Server 2008”. I have used the VM for a while and taken snapshots. Firstly you can not copy the VHD if there are snapshots. (The VHD will not be the same as how the VM is when you run it).
Here’re the step:
1. Export the VM you want to clone.
2. Import the new VM as cloning.
3. Delete snapshots from cloning.
4. Copy the VHD from cloning to the usual dir.
5. Create a new virtual machine in Hyper-V.
6. Connect the new Virtual Machine to the new VHD