By now HTC was showing the HTC Shift Ultra-Mobile PC (UMPC) - during various events and conferences - only behind a glass. However recently it has given one unit of HTC Shift to a Microsoft MVP (in Tablet PC area, from GottaBeMobile site) so that he should present it during Tech Ed Australia!
The biggest revelation is that HTC Shift actually runs both Windows Vista and (!) Windows Mobile and it even has 2 processors and can run 2 modes!
A video review of HTC Shift is now available (here: HTC Shift running in Windows Mobile mode with "H" denoting "HSDPA" in title-bar):
... and new details have been revealed about this interesting device:
- it can run Windows Vista and/or Windows Mobile Pocket PC - either simultaneously or in exclusive modes (it has 2 processors - one for each operating system!)
- this device DOES NOT HAVE digitizer pen, but just a stylus for touch screen display ! In other words: it is not strictly a Tablet PC but rather a UMPC combined with Windows Mobile
- the reviewer has received this unit of HTC Shift from Adam Chen from HTC Asia
- display resolutions: 1024x800 and 800x480 pixels
- Tablet PC / UMPC part:
- Windows Vista Business (3 hrs battery)
- Intel Santa Rosa A110 Processor
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- 40GB HDD
- HSDPA (Data only) ready
- Web Cam
- Biometrics (fingerprint sensor)
- Windows Mobile part:
- Windows Pocket PC (over 5 days battery life when used exclusively)
- Qualcomm 400MHz Processor
To learn more, or to download the video review, click here.
Smart Phone, Mobile Phones, HTC, HTC Shift, Windows Vista, Windows Mobile