HTC and Verizon Wireless announced the HTC Rezound in the United States with Beats Audio integration.
"'HTC Rezound' delivers a powerful entertainment experience with unparalleled audio and multimedia capabilities highlighted by a 4.3-inch true HD 720p display. It includes the latest HTC Sense experience and access to Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network.
The device is powered by a 1.5Ghz dual-core Qualcomm MSM 8660 processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage and a MicroSD slot (also ships with a 16GB MicroSD card).
Additionally, the Rezound joins the high-megapixel craze among the latest smartphones, with an 8 Megapixel sensor, f2.2 lens and 1080p video recording (including slow motion, apparently). It'll be interesting to see how this stacks up against it's biggest critics, the iPhone 4S and the Galaxy Nexus."
HTC Rezound features Mobile High Definition Link (MHL) connectivity, so customers can watch content from the device on an HDTV, including 5.1 surround sound and SRS WOW HD surround to take advantage of a home theater setup.
- Mobile Hotspot capability: share 4G connection with up to ten Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Operating System: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) with latest HTC Sense - an upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) will be available in early 2012
- Internal Memory: 16 GB on-board memory, 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- Memory Card: 16 GB MicroSD pre-installed
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 3.0 - support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access and object push for vCard and vCalendar
- GPS: GPS/AGPS
- Battery: 1,620 mAh
- Special Features: HDMI (through MHL), G-sensor, Light sensor, Compass, Proximity sensor, MicroUSB, USIM/CSIM/ISIM, audio jack and Wireless Charging capable
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8660 1.5GHz, Qualcomm MDM9600
- Dimensions: 129 x 65.5 x 13.65 mm
Full press release is embedded below: