HP won Microsoft's Data Platform Partner of the year. This marks a large milestone in HP's partnership with Microsoft in the Application Platform area with the significant joint investment of $250MM in the HP-Microsoft Infrastructure to Applications initiative and with dedicated resources in engineering, product, sales, marketing, channel and services.
"Together, we've brought to market the HP SQL Server Appliance product line that delivers business value to customers: completeness, optimization and agility. HP and Microsoft's sales also joined forces to close numerous Enterprise deals--bringing great results in driving SQL Server adoption," stated SQL team.
Earlier this month, Microsoft was a global sponsor at HP Discover 2011, attended by more than 10,000 attendees. Microsoft and HP executives delivered keynote addresses jointly on the appliance strategy and roadmap, which includes:
- >HP Enterprise Data Warehouse Appliance (available now)
- HP Data Warehouse Fast Track (available now)
- HP Business Decision Appliance (available now)
- HP Business Data Warehouse Appliance (available now)
- Database Consolidation Reference Architecture and Appliance (future release)
- OLTP Appliance and Reference Architecture (future release)
All of the above appliances and Fast Track Reference Architecture are optimized for SQL Server and configured with the Microsoft technology and solution stacks, including:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition and on upgrade path to SQL Server Code Name "Denali"
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- System Center 2008 R2
- SharePoint 2010
- Office 2010
[Source: SQL Server Team Blog]