is a very powerful software. One of the most interesting gadgets that comes preinstalled is Web Clips, a list of the latest posts from your favorite feeds. The gadgets also shows alerts, so you'll never miss an important news. Here's how can you configure Google Desktop to show the feeds from Google Reader.
- Go to Google Reader and right-click on "All items" and select "Copy link location" or a similar option. You'll get an address like:
(instead of [number], you'll see a big user ID)
- Replace "view" with "atom" in the address, so you'll have:
- Open Google Desktop, make sure the sidebar is visible. Click on the small arrow next to "Web Clips" and select options.
- Uncheck "Automatically add clips from frequently viewed sites" and remove all the clips.
- Paste the address obtained at step #2, and click on the Add button.
- Login to Google.com in Internet Explorer.
You can also subscribe to the Atom feed from step #2 using Live Bookmarks in Firefox.
How To, Google Desktop, Google Reader Notifier