YellowSn0w is out, here’s how to become SIM-independent. NB: Install the latest 2.2 firmware before beginning this process.
- First, download quickpwn and jailbreak your phone. Pick your device. We want the iP3G, obviously.
- Use the latest firmware to pwn your phone (download from Apple). This will allow you to install Cydia or Installer. If you just updated your phone or updated your phone on the computer you are running quickpwn on, you probably won’t have to download the firmware.
Rebuilding the IPSW
Sending the firmware
- Then, add the repositories (DO NOT ENTER THESE URLs INTO YOUR BROWSER per Dev Team’s instructions).
For Cydia enter: http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/
For Installer enter: http://i.yellowsn0w.com/
- Install yellowsn0w. Run it.
- Turn off the iPhone and install your third party SIM.
NB: f you are in the U.S. and are trying this with T-Mobile, you must turn off the 3G switch in Settings.
Turn on the phone. Wait until your carrier pops up. If it doesn’t, take the SIM out and reinstall it.