Steve Lamb points out some third-party commercial and community-provided tools to enhance your Windows Vista experience. The tools include a 3D virtual desktop interface, alternative application switchers, an enhancement for Vista’s Start Menu searchbox, and other tools to tweak Vista’s look and feel.
Look at the following tools to make your Vista OS look even better.
Without modifying the OS:
- 3d cube based virtual desktop
- Rotation based Flip 3D
- Alternative to flip-3d (switcher)
- Changing the screen saver settings
- Changing the boot screen
- Start++ – search tools from WDS in Vista
- “clear” aero theme for Winblinds for Vista
- vLite – image tweaking tool
- Logon Screen changer (free from StarDock when released, part of Object Dock during beta): & skins
- DreamScenes, Dream Maker and Dynamic Dreams – some free, some charged for, for Ultimate Users: and triggers in the “dreams”
- Boot screen logo generator
By modifying the OS:
How To, Tweaks, Tips, Microsoft, Windows Vista, Tool, Software