If Flip3D is slow down your system or if you have too many windows open, you can easily limit the number of windows displayed in Flip3D. As you tab or scroll through them, other windows will appear.
- Press WinKey+R.
- Type “regedit.exe“
- If asked for permission to launch the Registry Editor, click Allow.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
- Right click and select New, click on “DWORD (32-bit)”.
- Name the new DWORD value “Max3DWindows” (without the quotes)
- Double click on the DWORD value and set it to the maximum number of windows you want displayed in Flip3D. A good number is 5 for low-end cards and 10 for high performance cards.
- Click OK and exit the Registry Editor.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to shutdown DWM, and then press the key combination again to restart it.
- Press WinKey+Tab to display Flip3D.
How To, Microsoft, Windows Vista, Flip3D, Tips, Tweaks