Derrick VanArnam and Russell Fox have developed a sample Access database that shows how to integrate Silverlight into an Access database. The sample demonstrates interoperability between Access and a Silverlight Treeview control, but you can also use other Silverlight controls, such as the Treeview, DataGrid, Video, and charts.
The basic method is to place an Access Web Browser Control onto a form, and then load an HTML page containing the Silverlight control.
Setup the sample database:
- Go to here.
- Click I Agree button on the To download … popup.
- Run MyDataAddinsetup.msi file.
- Note: You can save then run the msi. In addition, source code is available on desktopweb.codeplex.com.
- Follow the setup steps.
- Note: addin solution was created on Windows 7 64 Bit; therefore, the setup location will be at C:\Program Files (x86)\desktopWeb\MyDataAddinSetup. Change Web Browser Control ControlSource to following on Windows 32 Bit:
To view Access sample database:
- Open the sample database at C:\Program Files (x86)\desktopWeb\MyDataAddinSetup\Project Management.accdb
More Info: Project Management Sample and More