If your plnning a conference, class or virtual get together, this post walks you throught the steps to set up a Ustream channel, a backchannel discussion wave to broadcast the event live.
“Both, Ustream video player and Google Wave are embeddable, and can be combined on same page. Best thing of using “embedded wave” is that “virtual folks can interact it via Ustream, and live audience can by logging into their Wave account.” Using a wave also let easily have multiple conversations at the same time and pull in multimedia,” explains Google.
- Visit Ustream channel page
- Click “embed codes” on top right of the video player
- Copy “Live show” code, Paste it into an HTML webpage
- Visit Google Wave. Copy URL in the browser bar or in “Link to this page” dialog
- Visit Wave web element page. Paste URL into that page
- Copy generated code into your HTML page
- To align the wave next to ustream, wrap both of them in a div with style “float:left” — enabling header/footer options to make “Next unread message” button visible