The Powered By Windows Azure program is designed to indicate to the public that your application meets a set of requirements set out by Microsoft. The logo is reserved for applications that meet the Microsoft requirements as outlined below.
- Completion of the Powered By Windows Azure program application
- Verification by Microsoft that the application or service runs within the valid Azure IP address space
- Validation by submitting parties that app or service isn't in violation of law or otherwise engaged in, promoting, or abetting unlawful activities, hate speech, pornography, libel, directly competitive or otherwise objectionable content
- Functionality and performance meets minimum specifications as determined by Microsoft
- Once the submission is accepted, it's the Licensee's responsibility to ensure the quality of its app or service is maintained, and the eligibility requirements are continuously met.
How to Earn the "Powered by Windows Azure" Logo
- Create a Microsoft Platform Ready account.
NOTE if you're a MPN member please use the same LiveID for MPR as is used as the master LiveID of your MPN account (this's required to get credit in MPN for your MPR app(s)) ref: MPR
- Add your Azure app(s) to your MPR Account (this'll be the default page after creating your MPR account; otherwise via the "Develop" tab).
- Click "Test" tab
- View the update "MPR Test Tool: Training Video" - it's 11 minutes long and will save you more than 11 minutes after viewing it...
- Click "Test My Apps" then click "Microsoft Platform Ready Test Tool" link to download it to install and run on Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7. NOTE: you'll need "Application ID" when running the test so make sure you've it available.
- Run the test.
- 7a) If your Azure app test doesn't pass the test then email firstname.lastname@example.org who'll help you troubleshoot issues.
- 7b) If your Azure app test passes the test then package the "Microsoft Platform Ready Test Tool" results. Then browse to and upload the test "Toolkit Results File" (via the [Browse] and [Upload] buttons
- You can now download the Powered by Windows Azure logo artwork from the MPR website.
Go to "Test" in the middle tab; and "View My Reports" on the left tab.
- View the Marketing Benefits tab > My Marketing Benefits for any additional benefits that're now unlocked.
[Via: US ISV Evangelism]