In this video below, you will learn how to sign up a free 3-months trial account of Windows Azure.
- Free for 3-months
- Does require a Credit Card but comes with a default spending limit of $0
- Monthly allocation includes 750 Small Compute Hours, 1GB Web Edition of SQL Azure, 20GB storage with 50K transactions, Unlimited inbound and 20GB Outbound bandwidth.
The new Windows Azure Trial accounts and MSDN Accounts are now completely risk-free given the institution of "spending limits". By default all new trial accounts and newly provisioned MSDN benefits are created with a spending limit of $0. That means that "if you exceed the monthly allotments of gratis services, your services will automatically be shut down and your storage placed in read-only mode until the next billing cycle. Then you can redeploy your services and take advantage of that month's allotment (if any remains)."
Here are the steps to sign-up for those interested in step-by-step instruction:
- Follow the link to the Windows Azure 3 Month Free Trial Offer.
- Review the offer details.
- Enter your mobile phone number for the SMS challenge to have a text message with a numeric code sent to your device. If you don't have a mobile phone, use the "Need help verifying your account" link for alternate instructions.
- Enter the code sent to your device, and click Verify Code to continue.
- After the code has been verified, advance to the next page.
- Enter your credit card information.
- Wait a few moments as your account is provisioned.
- Once your account is ready, you'll see the Welcome Page, from which you can easily get to the SDK downloads at the Developer Center, manage your subscriptions at the Account Center, or start provisioning services and storage for your account via the Windows Azure Management Portal.
- You're done! Now check out some of the great materials available to learn more about Windows Azure, and get coding in the cloud!