In a Inside Windows Live blog, Dick Craddock today confirmed of rolling out new Hotmail, that will be made available to all customers within the next few weeks.
"Everyone has their own favorite way of keeping important email close at hand - marking unread, flagging, or filing in a folder. But each system has drawbacks. The new release of Hotmail solves this problem once and for all by making a simple and elegant change to the way flags work. Now, when you flag an email, that email gets pinned to the top of your Inbox, so it's always right there - instantly available," reveals Craddock.
Craddock shared the following features coming in the next Hotmail update:
- New flagging: Now you can flag a message and it will stay at the top of your inbox. And of course, it only takes one click to add--or remove--a flagged message.
If you want to turn the new flag behavior back on later, just go to options, and click on "Flagging" under the "Customizing Hotmail" section:
- Newsletter filtering : Manage your incoming newsletters more easily with Sweep and Quick Views. In addition, Hotmail makes it easier to identify, manage, and lets you unsubscribe from them.
- Custom categories: You can also now create your own custom categories for your emails, and quickly access them under the Quick View menu. And best of all, these will work with the Sweep option too.
- Instant actions: Make the most common tasks, like deleting emails or assigning categories, faster. Instant Action buttons appear as you hover over a message that let you delete, flag, mark as unread, sweep, etc., and these are all customisable so you can you can add/remove buttons, customize the order of buttons, or turn off Instant Actions altogether to suit your needs.
- Scheduled sweep: A new feature under "Sweep" now lets you automatically keep only the latest mail from a sender, or have their emails moved to a folder or deleted after 30, 60, or 90 days.
- Improved folder management: You can now manage folders inline, or directly right-click folders to rename, delete, empty, or mark entire folder as read/unread within Hotmail.
- Mini calendar on sidebar: You can now quickly glance at your calendar directly within Hotmail, with a mini-calendar now available in the sidebar.