If you've been waiting for the update that contains the latest hotfixes for Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6 All Languages then your wait is over. Microsoft has issued a hotfix package via KB2497486, that contains the latest hotfixes for Microsoft App-V 4.6 All Languages and that is dated February 2011.
This hotfix package addresses the following issues:
- The Application Virtualization Client may cause your computer to stop responding when you shut down a virtual package under certain circumstances.
- The Application Virtualization Client does not stop an application when the ABORTRESULT attribute matches the exit code of the script.
- You have a computer running Windows Vista or a newer version of Windows. When you run the vssadmin list shadowstorage command on the Q drive of App-V 4.6, you receive an error message that resembles the following: Error: The shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the specified command.
- The Application Virtualization Client may encounter a "0x00000001" Stop error.
- When you try to start an application that contains more than 32 image section headers on a client computer, you receive a "0C-00000042" error.
- When you receive the "Starting launch" message for an application on a terminal server, the application may stop responding, and you must restart the terminal server to resolve this issue.
- Certain virtualized applications that call the GetCurrentProcess method don't operate correctly, and they return the following error message: ERROR Invalid handle.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, it's intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article.