Here’s how to host a blog on your Windows Home Server with free Express Edition of Graffiti. Graffiti CMS is a ASP.Net script developed by Telligent. Several editions are available for a price, however Telligent provides an Express Edition with the following limitations:
The Express Edition provides all you need to setup a blog served from your WHS. It doesn’t require installing PHP/MySQL or other installations. The default installation will use a simple file based database (VistaDB) but can also use an Microsoft Access database, or Microsoft SQL Server backend. This tutorial will cover a basic installation using the included sample VistaDB database.
What you will need
- WHS Console
- Whiist Add-in
- Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) or Advanced Admin Console (AAC)
- Graffiti CMS Express Edition
- Create a Website using Whiist (enable Allow site to run ASP Applications in the default options section). I’ve used blog as the alias for this tutorial.
- Extract the Graffiti files. Copy the Graffiti\Web directory contents to your new Whiist directory.
- Optional: Read the Getting Started section at the Graffiti CMS website. This tutorial provides a walk-through based on the information on their website.