Remember, Sean Kovack's "original" Google Voice app, "GV Mobile+" -- the app has now been ported to the iPad which will allow you to make calls using VoIP applications like Skype on the device or originate calls that will end up on landlines or cell phones.
How does GV Mobile + work?
GV Mobile + initiates a secure connection with Google and sends a command to do various tasks (call, send sms, etc).
GV Mobile + communicates only with Google and application servers.
Please note; GV Mobile+ relies on the use of a data connection (3G, EDGE, Wifi, etc). If your data connection is weak, this app mayn't function properly.
GV Mobile + allows users of Google Voice to do the following with ease:
- +picture messaging
- +push notifications
- +group messaging
- +dial numbers via the iPhone address book, entering on the keypad, or choosing from the internal favorites
- +send, retrieve, and delete SMS messages
- +retrieve and delete recent call history
- +playback and delete voicemails
- +take calls from different phones other than your iPhone
- +enable, disable, add, or delete the phones that Google Voice forwards calls to
- +much, much more
The $2.99 app is available form App Store.