Here's "how to wirelessly synchronize Gmail Calendar and Contacts with BlackBerry smartphone." With a BlackBerry smartphone data plan and BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or higher, this simple to do!
- Make sure you've right software on BlackBerry -- navigate to Options, click About. On third line down, there'll be a number like 5.0 Bundle 1602. If you gets 4.7.1 or lower, check for upgrade.
- Next, confirm you've a data plan. If you're receiving Gmail messages to Messages app, then you're all set! If not, go to Setup and then Email Settings to see if you can setup a Gmail account. If you can't, then talk to your wireless provider to ask about adding a data plan to BlackBerry.
- Next setup synchronization, go to Setup folder and click Email Settings.
- If you don't have Gmail account set up, then you can add it by pressing Set up another email account button. If you already have it set up, then highlight it, press the Menu button and select Edit.
- Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options. With Synchronization Settings open, you'll see checkboxes for Calendar and Contacts. Select one or both of them and press Save button. You'll then be prompted to confirm your password, and activation process will start. Contacts will synchronize about every four hours, and Calendar appointments will synchronize about every thirty minutes.