The UK’s Guardian newspaper has moved to a subscription basis for its iPhone app. The app now costs £2.99 for 6 months and £3.99 for 12 months, and contains a host of new features. The new charges don’t apply to US readers, who can download free app, subsidized by ads.
New features include:
- Faster, automatic updates for our live news and sport blogs — no need to refresh
- A new football scores service with free goal alerts by team and match for the main UK leagues and European competitions
- Video content is included for the first time, and looks great whether you’re connected via 3G or Wi-Fi
- You’ll see reader comments below articles that are open to them
- A brand new homepage design — look out for the multimedia carousel — and a new treatment for live blogs
- A new way to view the stories trending across guardian.co.uk and social media
- Use the app in portrait or landscape mode
- New search tool
Note; Users of the existing app, free subscription will work for another six month.
More Info: iTunes