Facebook has announced a new social energy app dubbed "Green on Facebook", developed in partnership with the National Resources Defense Council and OPOWER, will let you find answer to questions susch as: How much energy do you and your friends consume? Would you like to use less?
"With an initial reach of 20 million households, the app allows people to quickly and easily start benchmarking their home's energy use against similar homes. People can also compare their energy use with friends, enter energy-saving competitions and share tips on becoming more energy efficient," Facbook said.
"Within territories with utility participation, people can connect their utility account directly to the app to track progress and share energy saving accomplishments with friends."
To learn more, go to the Green on Facebook page.
Also, the latest Facbook iOS version 4.1.1 is going Retina. In this release, Facebook has added some features and fixed some bugs so now:
- You can go offline in chat
- The right profile picture appears for everyone
- Your list of friends always includes all your friends
- In sets of photos, your name is displayed correctly
- Photos of people who like Facebook Pages load correctly
- Your friend-request notification only lights up if you have a request
- You can change your language to Czech, Danish, Greek, Indonesian, Malaysian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Portuguese (Portugal) or Thai
- If you've got a new Retina iPad, you'll see a crisp, high resolution interface
You can download Facebook App for iPhone and iPad from the iTunes App Store.