At the DoubleClick Insights conference on June 5, Google introduces "DoubleClick Digital Marketing," a modern ad platform built for the modern digital world.
"DoubleClick Digital Marketing will weave together the technologies that buyers currently use to plan, manage, schedule, deliver and measure their online buys in a way we think will not only help them work smarter and faster, but ultimately be more responsive to their customers and deliver better ads," posted Neal Mohan, Vice President, Display Advertising.
DoubleClick Digital Marketing platform enabling:
- "Smarter creative that works with your media buy and that dynamically responds in real-time, with the audience in mind.
- More responsive campaigns that can "learn" the channels where consumers interact and quickly respond with the most appropriate creative, message and offer across all screens (for example, using a single set of frequency capping, remarketing and creative optimization signals across the entire campaign, helping to deliver the right ad as users move through the marketing funnel--from awareness to conversion).
- Creating greater value for your business and campaigns, enabling a better understanding across channels and formats (e.g., how does rich media perform versus video?); and facilitating real-time, smarter optimization decisions to reduce cost and increase campaign performance (for example, should you reduce bids on your search keywords and exchange buying while increasing your bids to run more video ads?)," Mohan said.
The new platform comprises the following components, which will be fully integrated and work together to enable seamless ad campaign management for agencies and advertisers:
- "DoubleClick Digital Marketing Manager, upgraded DoubleClick ad server, used by thousands of marketers and agencies worldwide to manage directly bought ad space.
- DoubleClick Bid Manager, is a new demand-side platform, rebuilt on DoubleClick technology, making it faster and more flexible. Many Invite Media customers are currently in the process of being upgraded to the new DSP. Last year, spending on Invite Media grew by about 50%, and we believe these new investments will create even more momentum for the exchange ecosystem.
- DoubleClick Search, cross-engine search management platform that was completely rebuilt last year, is now natively integrated into the DoubleClick platform. DoubleClick Search is used by 6 of the largest 10 agencies, and is creating efficiency gains of up to 65%.
- DoubleClick Studio, now with Teracent's dynamic creative technology built in, which powers engaging and intelligent ad units. In 2011, rich media ads accounted for 10% of all display ads, doubling in volume over 12 months.
- Finally, Google Analytics, which will enable attribution modelling, conversion reports and site traffic reporting to be incorporated seamlessly into ad campaigns," Mohan posted.
Google also announced some new tools to give its publishers greater transparency into their businesses and better ways to work with their partners, for example a new "Market View" on the DoubleClick Ad Exchange that gives them the big picture of what's happening across the exchange, rather than just their own performance.
You can watch Mohan's keynote and the live recording of the event in the videos embedded below: