At at ad:tech, Google announced that Urchin 6.0 is out of Beta and is available to everyone. Urchin software is the paid version of Google Analytics that runs directly on your own server, while Google Analytics is a Google-hosted service. You can even use Google Analytics and Urchin together at the same time and have the best of both worlds. Urchin is currently available only in English language.
You might use it if you:
- want to analyze your firewall-protected content, such as an intranet
- have 5 years' worth of old server log data to analyze
- need to know if your site's visitors are getting "Page Not Found" (404) errors
- need to have your site's traffic data audited by a third party
- need to create custom reports or integrate with other tools, like a CRM system
- need to integrate your e-commerce logs directly with Urchin
Urchin 6 runs on Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD and supports Apache (all platforms) and IIS (Windows only). Here are the technical specifics.
You can see the free demo of Urchin 6.0 at Actual Metrics.
Google, Web Analytics, Urchin