The Google Toolbar Button plugin gives you a link in your sidebar (or wherever you want it in your theme) that installs a button to the google toolbar. The button give the ability to monitor the RSS feed of your blog from the Google Toolbar. It also adds your blog to the list of possible places to search when running a search from the Google Toolbar.
Installation & usage:
- Download Google Toolbar Button Plugin 1.0, and extract to a local folder.
- Upload googletoolbar.php to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate from the plugin page in WordPress Admin panel.
- To use the plugin simply put the following code in the place you want the link to appear:
<?php if(function_exists(googletoolbar)) : googletoolbar(link text); endif; ?>
Replace link text with the words you want to appear as your link. For example, if you want your link to read “Add to Google Toolbar” you would put in the following:
<?php if(function_exists(googletoolbar)) : googletoolbar('add to google toolbar'); endif; ?>
- An options page allows you to change the name of the XML file that is generated with the toolbar settings. The options page also allows you to upload an image that will be used as the icon in the toolbar. (If there is no image then the toolbar will use a default image.)