Google Storage for Developers is now open to all. Starting today, you no longer need an invitation to sign up for Google Storage. It also implemented several significant product enhancements including:
- OAuth 2.0 support provides your apps with a great combination of enhanced security and flexibility.
- Simplified sharing - Share data with anyone who has a Google account, regardless of whether or not they've a Google Storage for Developers account.
- A new European storage region - Choose to store your data in Europe if it's closer to your customers, with the same high levels of availability and reliability as our US storage region.
- Team-oriented accounts - A more natural development and management model, which more closely aligns with the way other Google APIs are managed.
- Streaming uploads - Stream data directly to Google Storage without buffering it on your own servers.
- Larger data object support - Upload objects of up to 5 terabytes in size.
- Free trial plan - Try Google Storage for free with up to 5 GB of free storage and 25 GB of free bandwidth into and out of Google's data centers until December 31, 2011.
You can now get started with the new free plan.
[Source: Google Enterprise blog]