On June 27, Google introduced 'Authorship Markup' that highlight content creators in search results to help searchers identify high quality, authoritative content. Today, the search company has-announced of-simplified-setup process for content creators.
"Since many of you authors have your email addresses published in your content, we can use this information to link your content to your Google+ profile. Starting today you can verify your email address directly in your Google+ profile," informed Google.
"For example, let's say you write content on a page hosted at http://www.galaxytimes.com. To participate in the authorship program, put your name on your content and your e-mail address. Then verify your email address firstname.lastname@example.org on your Google+ profile," explains Google.
Per Google's post -- to get started:
- "Click here to setup your Google+ profile.
- Remember to upload a high quality headshot, and fill out some profile information such as hometown, etc.
- Verify your email address-
- On your Google+ profile, click on the 'Edit Profile' button in the upper right corner
- Scroll down and click on "Work"
- Click the drop-down arrow next to "Phone"
- Click on "Email"
- Put your cursor in the box next to "Email", and fill in your email address where it says "New contact info". Use your email address which has the same domain as the main place you publish your work. For example, "email@example.com".
- Change the visibility of the section from "Only you" to "Everyone on the web"
- Click on "Save"
- Click on "Done Editing"
- Scroll down and find where you added the e-mail address and then click 'Verify', Google explained.