Google on June 11th, will complete the transition to "Google Shopping" in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Brazil, Australia, Switzerland and the Czech Republic--notes that it has seen rapid adoption of Google Shopping by the global retail community.
"Over 1 billion products are now being promoted globally on Google Shopping, largely driven by a 300% year-on-year growth in participating sellers (including many aggregators and marketplaces)," Google stated adding, "a growth for 20% in traffic to retailers over the past year was also noted."
"When the transition is complete, free product listings will no longer appear on Google Shopping," Google said.
To make the most of Google Shopping, you can referr following resources:
- New to Product Listings Ads: Refer Get started with Merchant Center, the place to upload your product data to Google
- Once your products are in Merchant Center, create a Product Listing Ads campaign to promote your products on Google Shopping
- Use All Products target to quickly promote your entire inventory
- Take advantage of automatic bidding for Product Listing Ads, which saves you time and resources by enabling Google to automatically adjust your CPC bids to optimize traffic
- Provide high quality data and follow our updated product feed specifications
- Promote products across devices by ensuring all of your Product Listing Ads campaigns are upgraded to enhanced campaigns
Agencies can join Google Engage to get the latest agency news, trainings and support from the Google Shopping team.
For additional assistance, you can visit this Help Center.
In other news, a new Display Benchmarks Tool for DoubleClick Advertisers launches today, is an easy-to-use webpage that lets you pull benchmarks to help you make better decisions about your campaigns.
The Display Benchmark Tool on the Rich Media Gallery offers up-to-date industry benchmarks for rich media metrics by region, vertical, ad size and ad format.
"Whether you're after comparisons by country, industry vertical, ad size or ad format, our tool offers up-to-date benchmarks across 10 key display metrics, such as interaction rate and time, expansion rate and video completions," writes DA team.
Here's a quick demo of how to pull the benchmarks: