Google Search Appliance "version 7.0" launched today delivers a universal, powerfully relevant, yet simple and familiar search experience to your users. The GSA, a bright yellow "Google in a box" for enterprises was introduced ten year ago, giving them one simple way to search all content within their organization.
Google says, that GSA 7.0 helps you find information stored anywhere in your organization, whether you're using a desktop, smartphone or tablet. "Administrators can easily add content sources from secure storage, cloud services or the public web and social networking sites," informs Google. It also provides Google-quality search for SharePoint 2010, making for a more simple and intuitive, all-in-one search experience.
Also, the refined relevance signals in GSA 7.0 now make it easy to find the most useful information for each particular user. "Assisted navigation makes it easy to refine search results, and requires no manual configuration from administrators. Entity Recognition automatically identifies and suggests content you might be looking for, and GSA 7.0 also harnesses the "wisdom of crowds," allowing employees to add their own search results," explains Google.
In addtion to above features, GSA 7.0 also adds a new set of powerful search features include:
- "Document preview - view thumbnails and flip through full-screen document previews right alongside search results.
- Google Translate - secure and automatic translations display in search results, in more than 60 languages.
- Updated language capabilities - including parsing the complex morphology of Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Korean to improve results. Expert search - tap into your organization's knowledge graph, and instantly collaborate with colleagues who have answers.
- New interface - a more beautiful search experience rolling out with the GSA 7 series.
- Improved scale - a single rack of GSAs could now fit the equivalent of the entire Google.com index in 2000 - 1 billion pages," Google said.