Google Search for Windows 8 arrives in the Windows Store. The app features not just the regular a search box, but also a voice input for the search. The app works blazing fast and shows suggestions as you type, with a dedicated "Voice Search" option to initiate a new search by simply pronouncing the keywords.
Like the Web interface for search, the app also can show instant previews -- small versions of Web pages that show people what they'd see if they clicked on a link. Unlike the Web version of search, though, the app shows the instant previews as an array of mini Web pages side by side on a black background.
Image search results are shown in a similar fashion, and the app is touch-enabled for the Windows 8 "touch-first" era.
Features of Google Search app for Windows 8 include:
- Google Searchbox - Type your search right from the app home screen, so you can find the answers you need more quickly.
- Voice Search - Use your microphone to ask Google anything and see the answer instantly.
- Image Search - Watch images load into a beautiful full-screen grid. Select images you like or swipe through to see more results.
- Search Charm - By installing the Google Search app, you can easily access Google from the Search Charm.
- Instant Previews mode - Browse search results without having to visit each page.
- View Your Searches - Swipe from the top to see the sites you visited most recently, categorized by keyword.
- Google Apps page - Access all your favorite Google products from within the app with just the tap of an icon.
- Google Instant - No need to press Enter - see results instantly as you type.
You can download Google Search for Windows 8 app from Windows Store.
Check out more images of Google Search app: