Google made some changes to Google Reader over the past month:
- added support for HTML5 <video> and <audio> tags, for you to share videos to mobile device.
- Added "Not interested" link at the bottom of recommended items, so that you can both hide that item and provide your like & dislike.
- To keep you updated, a small banner appears whenever a new version is released. Incidentally, it's the 500th version of Reader over the 5 years.
- Improvements to Reader Play: When you hit space (or shift-space), you're now automatically moved between posts, and for posts with multiple images, cycled through each image. Also added made Play more configurable by letting you change URL used: If you add welcome=0 query parameter skips welcome screen for new & signed-out users; An autoplay=1 query parameter start moving through posts automatically; A #feed/<URL> fragment display specific feed. You can combine all these to make automatically playing slideshows of favorite photoblogs.
- Finally, Home view loading is now faster, and Send to functionality being less susceptible to being stymied by popup blockers when used with services such as Twitter.