Google News homepage is refreshed, and is rolling out in English-language edition in U.S. Here're some new features: Before:
- "News for you" is a stream of headlines automatically tailored to your interests. You can use "Edit personalization" box to specify your interests. You can choose to view stories by Section view or List view, and reveal more headlines by hovering over headline with your mouse. If you don't want customized News, hit "Reset personalization" to clear all personalization preferences.
- You can choose news sources from "News Settings". Also, added keyboard shortcuts for easier navigation — just hit "question mark" key to pop up full list of shortcuts.
- To find big stories, links are added to topics, that you'll find in Top Stories section on left side of the homepage as well as in linked keywords above headlines. Clickingtopic link takes you to a list of related coverage.
- Spotlight section, features stories of more lasting interest than breaking news. And local news; highlight weather and headlines about your city or neighborhood in their own section, which you can edit with whichever location you want to follow.
- Finally, you can share story clusters via Buzz, Reader, Facebook or Twitter. Just select drop-down menu marked by an arrow on top-right of each story cluster.