Google Maps for mobile browsers on Android and iOS received an update today. "Now, when you visit maps.google.com on your phone or tablet's browser and opt-in to share your location, you can use many of the same Google Maps features you're used to from the desktop," Google informed.
Google Maps for mobile browsers is platform independent - you will always get a consistent experience and the latest features without needing to install any updates, no matter what phone you use.
This will allow you to:
- See your current location
- Search for what's nearby with suggest and auto complete
- Have clickable icons of popular businesses and transit stations
- Get driving, transit, biking, and walking directions
- Turn on satellite, transit, traffic, biking, and other layers
- View Place pages with photos, ratings, hours, and more
- When signed into your Google account, access your starred locations and My Maps
To get started exploring Google Maps in your mobile browser, go to http://maps.google.com or any domain where Google Maps is available.
Learn more in help center.
[Source: Google Mobile blog]