Google Maps Coordinate, is a new tool which combines the power of Google's mapping technologies with modern smartphones designed to help improve communication between businesses and their employees in the field.
"Google Maps Coordinate is built to work seamlessly with the entire Google Enterprise Maps and Earth experience, and it comes with an API that can integrate with any of your existing systems," posted Daniel Chu, Senior Product Manager Google.
Any business can sign up for Google Maps Coordinate, by just contacting sales team or a Google Enterprise Maps and Earth reseller if you're interested in signing up for Google Maps Coordinate.
When a business signs up for Google Maps Coordinate, they get access to the Google Maps Coordinate web and mobile apps enabling them:
- "Share real-time location. the app will send an accurate location, even if you're indoors.
- Record data. Coordinate allows the admin to customize the fields that the mobile team needs to capture and collect - from measurements to client contact details - directly in the app," Chu said.
And, for a designated dispatcher back in the office, Coordinate offers:
- "Create teams. Add team members to a Google Maps Coordinate team and see their locations in the Google Maps Coordinate web and mobile app.
- Manage jobs. Easily create jobs, precisely locate the job, assign the job to the nearest team member and notify them instantly.
- View past jobs and locations. Get the hard data needed to make strong business decisions. "With Google Maps Coordinate, businesses can easily visualize the locations of all their jobs and teams, including current and past jobs. Businesses can assess where they should be assigning or hiring more workers and how to optimally place their teams," explains Chu.