Google Map Maker today gets a newly designed Help Center. "In the new Help Center, you can find clearly documented policies and information about how to make edits and review others' edits," Google said.
"This Help Center is now available in 20 languages, includes tips and tricks to help ensure that your edits get approved quickly. Where possible, we also provide a rationale for why you're asked to fill certain attributes or make edits in a particular way."
"In addition, we've organized the Help Center into five guides, each addressing a key aspect of Map Maker. Each user guide article follows a consistent format so that you can easily find and skip information with which you're already familiar. Links to related articles are also provided where appropriate":
- Getting Started - Become familiar with the basic usage and functionality of Map Maker.
- Points: businesses, landmarks, and more - Learn how to add and edit places marked as points on Map Maker.
- Lines: roads, trails, railways, and more - Learn about adding and editing roads, trails and other line features.
- Shapes: buildings and boundaries - Discover how you can map locations such as your campus, buildings and other places as shapes.
- Reviewing options - Find out how you can become a Reviewer and keep track of the changes happening in and around your region.
[Source: LAt Long blog]