Google Keep, that provide smart tools to help easily organize notes, ideas and to dos—starting today, can also help to capture ideas for work, as “Keep is now a part of G Suite.”
As of today, ‘Google Keep is a G Suite core service when used within a domain, and it has been added to existing G Suite agreements for most customers,” says Google.
With Keep, you can now record notes, lists and drawings on Android, iOS, Chrome or the web. “You can also take your ideas and notes from Keep and easily add them to Docs for easier brainstorming,” says Google.
While in Docs on the web, you can access the Keep notepad via the Tools menu, which then will appear in a side panel within Docs. You can then edit those notes and drag and drop them into your document.
To create a new note using the existing content, just highlight the relevant text, right-click, and select “Save to Keep notepad.” Or, to create a new note with brand-new content, start typing in the “Take a note…” box in the notepad. All notes you create while in a document will be added to a “related” section within the sidebar.
The integration between Keep and Docs offer following benefits:
- Drag your notes from Keep directly into your work documents
- Easily search your notes in Keep while in Docs to find the information you need to complete your project
- Add a new note in Keep notepad or select text from inside of a document and easily add it to a new note by just a right click and selecting “Save to Keep notepad”. This notes, when opened in Keep, will include a link back to the source document for latter reference.
Since, Keep is now a part of G Suite core service, it offer same technical support and service level commitments as any other core service, like Gmail or Google Drive. Going forward, domains using Keep will receive the following benefits:
- Keep content will be handled as specified in your G Suite agreement.
- Keep will be compliant with the terms, conditions, and service levels defined in the G Suite Technical Support Services Guidelines and the G Suite Service Level Agreement.
- Keep will be added as a monitored service to the G Suite Status Dashboard.
In addition, admins can turn the app on or off for their domains for greater control over Keep usage in their organizations. When turned on, Keep will respect a subset of sharing settings applied to Google Drive.
You will be able enable or disable the application from the Admin console at any time. To turn Keep access OFF, you can now do it from the Admin console, Apps -> G Suite -> Keep.
Users with legacy Android devices can now access work apps in Google Play
With this launch, employees with Android devices running 5.0 Lollipop or less, can now access the Work Apps tab in Google Play (in their personal profile) and the apps their admins have curated. Note that on devices that do support work profiles, “the Work Apps tab can only be accessed from Google Play in the work profile,” Google said.