Hangouts On Air is now available to Google+ users worldwide. So if you have something to say--as an aspiring artist, a global celebrity, or a concerned citizen--you can now go live in front of a global audience.
With just a few clicks, you'll be able to:
- Broadcast publicly. By checking "Enable Hangouts On Air," you can broadcast your live hangout--from the Google+ stream, your YouTube channel or your website--to the entire world.
- See how many viewers you've got. During your broadcast, you can look inside the hangout to see how many people are watching live.
- Record and re-share. Once you're off the air, we'll upload a public recording to your YouTube channel, and to your original Google+ post. This way it's easy to share and discuss your broadcast after it's over.
Google says rolling out of Hangouts On Air will take over next few weeks.
In the meantime you can save the date for an upcoming hangout...… sign in to Google+ to see what's live right now:
- CBS This Morning: May 8th at 4:20am PT / 7:20am ET
- Cadbury UK: May 11th at 1:30pm PT / 4:30pm ET
- Conan O'Brien: May 8th at 7:30pm PT / 10:30pm ET
- The Nerdist: May 11th at 3:00pm PT / 6:00pm ET
- CNBC: May 10th at 1:15pm PT / 4:15pm ET
- Jamie Oliver on Food Revolution Day: May 19th at 5:00pm PT / 8:00pm ET
- Global Poverty Project: May 10th at 4:00pm PT / 7:00pm ET
- A special series from The New York Times' Opinion department
Here a couple of videos to get you started: