- When Google started we indexed 25,000 web pages - today we index billions. Each time we index the web it's grown by 10 to 25%.
- As the web grows, search becomes more important. It's like a library - the bigger the library, the more important the index.
- 20 to 25% of Google queries have never been searched before.
- Google's PageRank algorithm uses more than 200 signals to determine the rank of a website.
- iGoogle was our fastest growing product last year (2006). People have personalized their iGoogle homepages with over 10,000 free gadgets.
- The Google Book Search index includes books in over 90 languages.
- Google's machine translation service is available in 12 languages.
- Google operates in 112 languages including Breton, Reto-Romanic, Catalan, Kurdish, Frisian and Gaelic.
- Universities in Rwanda, Kenya, Japan, Egypt, Ireland, the Ukraine, Michigan and Arizona are all using Google Apps for Education.
- In 2007 Google gave free bicycles to all its employees in Europe.
- Google's San Francisco shuttle bus service is the biggest of any company in the area. One shared car provides as much transportation as 20 privately owned cars.
- Google has the largest corporate solar panel installation in the US.
- Of the $10.6bn Google generated in revenue last year, $3bn was handed back to our publishing partners through AdSense.
- In the first quarter of this year Google generated over $1bn in revenues from our partners.
Source:→ googlesystemGoogle, Press Day, Events, Facts, Articles