Google's Vice President of Display Advertising Neal Mohan has published a few interesting projections relating to display ads on the web.
Mohan gave a number of predictions for display advertising in a keynote speech given at Interactive Advertising Bureau's Innovation Days @ Internet Week entitled "There's a perfect ad for everyone" explaining that the company is investing in improving display advertising for publishers, advertisers and consumers.
You can view the recording at google.com/watchthisspace. In the speech, he made six predictions about how display advertising will change for the better by 2015:
- The number of display ad impressions will decrease by 25 percent per person.
- Engagement rates across all display ads will increase by 50 percent.
- People will have a direct say in 25 percent of the ads they see.
- 35 percent of campaigns will primarily use metrics beyond clicks and conversions.
- 25 billion ads per day will tell people why they are seeing them.
- Over 40 percent of online Americans will name display ads as their favorite ad format.
[Source: Google blog]