Google has launched a refresh of data layers in Google Earth Pro. "To make the data even more valuable to our users, we're providing an update that greatly expands coverage for all layers," stated Google.
Here's what's new:
U.S. Parcel Data from DataQuick:
- Greater geospatial coverage: 6% increase in the number of parcels attributes available country-wide
- 8 new parcel attributes, including lot size, roof type, and tax information.
- Ability to purchase additional data from DataQuick from within Google Earth Pro
U.S. Daily Traffic Counts from Market Planning Solutions Inc.:
- New: Traffic counts now available for 2010
- Update: 14x more traffic counts available for 2009
- Update: 2x more traffic counts for 2008
U.S. Demographic Data from The Nielsen Company:
- Current year demographics data updated to 2010
- Five-year demographics data updated to 2015
If you're new to Google Earth Pro, watch the video below about the layers or download a free trial and explore the layers first-hand.