Google Earth Builder introduced today lets you upload, process and store your geospatial data in our cloud. Your employees can use familiar tools – Google Maps and Google Earth – to easily and securely share and publish mapping data. No technical expertise or GIS training is required.
The benefits of Earth Builder’s 100% web approach include:
- Anytime, Anywhere Access: view your maps from any computer or Internet-enabled device
- Speed & Scale: process your complex geospatial data quickly and efficiently; effortlessly scale to manage traffic spikes (for example, in cases of emergency)
- Lower Cost: significantly reduce IT costs and eliminate time spent buying, maintaining and patching software and servers
- Constant Innovation: just refresh the browser for the latest features
- Secure Storage & Recovery: no longer worry about storage limits and backups; data is backed up to multiple data centers for near-instant recovery
“Whether you’ve terabytes of imagery or just a few basemap layers, now you can create multiple map layers from your data, such as shapefiles of demographic data, spreadsheets of worldwide customer locations and files of your recently acquired imagery for a new development. You can also integrate the map layers with our own imagery basemap, road data, Google Street View, Terrain View, or Directions in order to find your next best store location,” stated Google.
More Info: Google Earth Builder
[Source: Google Enterprise Blog]